Sunday, February 08, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Back home, we were involved in youth ministry. I loved it! The kids were a challenge some days but those were the most rewarding days of my life. I directed a drama team and we did lots of outreach ministry and street ministry, as well as ministry within the church.

One student in our group was a little different. I'll call him N to protect his identity here. Nice kid, very respectful. Just a bubble off center.

A new Walmart opened up in a nearby town and a friend from church was working there. One day, a co-worker came to her and said, "We just caught a boy eating goldfish from the tank!"

My friend thought, "That sounds like something N would do."

Just then, her co-worker said, "There he is!!"

It was, indeed, N.

I wonder if the wiggling fish tail hanging out of his mouth was a dead giveaway.

This is HONESTLY a true story. I'm happy to report that N has grown up just as respectful as he was as a kid. No hope for the fish.

This story was brought to you by Dr. Seuss and the letter "F".

For real. I'm not joking.

No comments: