Sunday, February 15, 2009

I have a smart clock.

Yep, I do. If the electricity goes off, it resets itself without benefit of a lowly human (that would be me) when the electricity turns back on.

Down here in Flori-DUH, stuff happens. We have the highest incidence of lightning in the Universe. That's right --- the Universe. That's with a big 'U'. I used to be terrified of storms but now I'm drawn to them--- but that's another post.

My point is that it goes out-- a lot in the summer. And when it resets, it's 3 minutes slow. How smart is that?

I got it last year, before time changed in the fall of 2007. I thought *I'd* be smart and flip the switch so it went to the correct time at 2 AM. (What idiot came up with that time is beyond me-- it's the middle of my day!) At 2 AM it reset-- to midnight. Shoot.

Then, in the spring I had obviously forgotten the lessons of the fall and did it again. But here's the kicker--- time changed on a different day. So, it reset itself two hours ahead.

Then, on the day it USED to change, it did it again. No help from the human.

Fall 2008. You know where this is going, right?

Yep. Again. Twice. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I have Smart Scales too.

Don't get me started.

No comments: