Monday, February 16, 2009

It's all about PERCEPTION--

My daughter is so unlike me-- she is always the voice of reason and very level-headed.

Tonight we were chatting about odds and ends-- she is coming over for a visit next week and says she can't wait to see me since I'm a bit lighter as I haven't seen her since Christmas. (By the way, she's lost 25 lbs since hen as well-- I can't wait to see HER!)

I remarked about how horrible those pictures from last week made me feel and she said, "Wait a minute now... I don't think it's as bad as you think. What is the common denominator here, besides you? It's Dad with a camera. Remember, he has no depth perception-- he took that picture of you that made the REFRIGERATOR look smaller than you!"

As an aside, I used to have a bad temper. I've mellowed. But my blood pressure took a bottle rocket ride through the top of head. Illuminations has nothing on me.

Depth perception?? Maybe DEATH perception!! His, of course.

I realized that, although I've been on MANY vacations, you'd never know because I had no alibi-- I was the one holding the camera, unless he took it and kept snapping pictures so fast you could make a flip book from the photos. Or there are just pictures of rooms and things in rooms. I have pictures of nearly every hotel, motel, or resort room I've ever been in with the exception of maybe one. And that's because he wasn't there.

So, my voice of reason reminds me that, like Cinderella, someday my prints will come. And he'd better not be holding a camera.

No comments: